Effective Goal Setting
1. How do I want to feel in the different areas of my life?
2. What am I already successfully doing in each area? Name at least 1 thing in each area.
3. What is missing in order for me to reach my 10/10?
4.. What needs to change? (These will be your goals)
5. What will be the benefits of this change be on my life? How does this support me to grow?
6. How will I and others know when I get there, what will be different? (Markers are very important in personal development)
7. What knowledge, experience, skills and resources have I already got that will help me with my goal?
8.What support, knowledge, experience, resources do I need in order to achieve this and where can I access this? (this also includes our own personal processes like being kind to yourself)
9. What options do I have in order to achieve what I want? Use this as a space to dream, think outside the box and come up with as many things as possible. You don’t have to commit to anything yet.
10. Out of those options, what one do I most want to do? What option would be most benefical to me?
11. What am I prepared and willing to do in order to have more…… in my life?
10. What are my steps? Break down the big goal down into manageable steps. When am I going to commit to the first step?
12. How am I likely to sabotage myself? How am I going to prevent this sabotage?
13.. How am I going to reward myself when I successfully finish each step?
Happy goal setting this month,
Love, Ismene xxx